Cinnamon and Crème Fraîche Apple Cake

As Autumn is nearly upon us, I thought I'd make an apple cake. I seem to have collected a file full of cakes using apples in various ways, but I haven't made this cake before. It's from a leaflet that came with a French magazine a few years ago. I love cinnamon, and cinnamon and apple are made for each other.

You need:
4-5 apples , 180g butter, 1 heaped tspn cinnamon, 150g golden caster sugar, 50g flaked almonds, 3 eggs, 160g sr flour and 90g crème fraîche

Preheat oven 180C/gas4 Grease a 20cm cake tin

Peel the apples and cut up into dice. Melt 120g of the butter in a pan and add the diced apple. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and leave on a low heat for a few minutes.

Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the bottom of the cake tin. Spoon the apples on top.

Beat together the eggs and the sugar then fold in the flour and add the cream. Spoon this onto the apples.

Bake for about 25 mins. Leave in tin to cool then turn out upside down.

Serve with more crème fraîche or ice cream or just on its own.



A nice soft crumb, good apple taste, good hit of cinnamon and a crunch from the almonds. 

Comments

Suelle said…
I love simple cakes which have a topping baked on (even if it's baked at the bottom initially), and this looks delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

Aberffraw cakes

My favourite Plum Tart